- Review University Policy – Review the University’s Policy on Interactions with Non-Enrolled Minors (“Policy”)
- Departmental Approval – Get the proposed activity approved by the appropriate Dean, Director, or Department Head.
- Register the activity - with the Office of Youth Safety at least sixty (60) days prior to the start of the program activity.
- Program Staff/Volunteer Background Check and Training Requirements– Ensure that all Program Staff/Volunteers have completed the requirements to serve as an Authorized Adult prior to working with minors. Learn about the background check and training requirements for Authorized Adults.
- Safety and Supervision Standards– Implement standards to safeguard the welfare of participants as delineated in the Minors Policy. Consider the following:
- Supervisory Ratios
- Avoiding 1-on-1 Interactions
- Overnight Activities (if applicable)
- Transportation (if applicable)
- Appropriate Communication
- Medical Treatment of Minors
- Drop-off/Pick-up Protocols
- Waiver and Consent Forms – Collect waiver and consent forms before permitting minors to engage in program activities.